Connect with us

Hue Jackson: I was never offered money to lose

NBC Sports

on

Article Summary:

After former Miami coach Brian Flores said he was offered $100,000 per loss in 2019 because Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wanted the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, former Cleveland coach Hue Jackson suggested that he got a similar offer from Browns owner Jimmy Haslam.

Jackson initially started his backtrack earlier in the week, but on Friday night he stated clearly that Haslam never offered to pay him to lose games.

“I told Jimmy that what he was doing was very destructive, to not do this because it’s going to hurt my career and every other coach that worked with me and every player on the team. And I told him that it would hurt every Black coach that would follow me. And I have the documents to prove this,” Jackson said.

Asked why he doesn’t produce those documents, Jackson responded, “Those things will come to light at the right time.”

The extent to which Flores and Jackson can prove their claims that Ross and Haslam were trying not to win may determine how hard the NFL – and possibly the legal system – crack down on them.

Comments

Click to comment

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Copyright © 2022 Browns News. This is an unofficial fan site, all trademarks are property of their respective owners. Privacy Policy | Contact