The three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year signed a six-year, $138 million contract extension averaging $22.5 million per year. The financial benchmarks of key contract metrics that should be relevant to Nick Bosa’s contract discussions are listed below.
- Average yearly salary: $28,002,750
- Overall contract guarantees: $102 million
- Fully guaranteed at signing: $80 million
- Signing bonus: $40 million
- Three-year cash flow: $80,593,471
- First three new years: $90.961 million
Professionals within the industry typically value deals by new money, which is the amount of compensation in a contract excluding what a player was scheduled to make before receiving a new deal. Although Joey Bosa signed a six-year contract for $149.36 million, his deal is considered as a five-year, $135 million extension, averaging $27 million per year among industry professionals.